Pastor at Stehman Memorial United Methodist Church
Ten things to know about Pastor Helen Adams:
10. Had life-changing encounter with Jesus on Dec. 4, 1993
9. Originally from Pittsburgh
8. Spent most of adult life as a newspaper reporter and editor in Pittsburgh, Bloomsburg and Lancaster
7. Husband Marv, daughter Abby (at college in Pittsburgh) and one Great Dane (at home)
6. Has a mixed marriage: Roots for Pittsburgh Pirates while Marv is a diehard Phillies fan
5. Graduate of Point Park University in Pittsburgh and Evangelical Theological Seminary in Myerstown (M.Div)
4. Crying babies and fussy kids in the sanctuary? The more, the better!
3. Not quite a foodie, but proselytizes for the Daniel Plan
2. Favorite Bible verse (for now): Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior (Habakkuk 3:17-18).
May have a small problem with caffeine!